- Sugar 150 g
- Mint 20 g
- Dark chocolate 100 g
- 6 eggs
- Butter 100 g
- Icing sugar 100 g
- Peppermint extract 2 drops
- Double cream 200 ml
- Vegetable oil
- First, make the caramel. Place 100 g of sugar into the pan. Flavor the caramel with a bit of chopped mint.
- Do not get the caramel too dark. Drizzle a teaspoon of oil onto the tray, spread the oil. Then, pour out the caramel. Set the caramel aside to cool down.
- Melt good quality chocolate in the bowl over the boiling water. Then, melt 100 g butter in the chocolate and stir.
- Place sugar, 2 whole eggs and 3 egg yolks into the mixing bowl. Whisk until light and creamy. Add chocolate to egg-sugar mix.
- Separate 4 egg whites into the bowl. Whisk. Add 50 g of sugar. Whisk again. Add whites to the chocolate.
- Break the caramel. Sprinkle ¾ of the caramel into the chocolate. Mix.
- Take a cake tin. Make sure it is greased properly. Pour the chocolate mixture into the tin. Place the cake into the oven at 180 degrees for 35 minutes.
- Now, for the topping. Sift icing sugar. Add 2 drops of peppermint extract to double cream, then, add sugar. Give that really good whisk.
- Spoon minty cream onto the cake. Decorate with left caramel. Cook this recipe with a photo!