- Filo pastry 400 g
- Pistachios 200 g
- Caster sugar 500 g
- 2 lemons
- Butter 200 g
- Start by melting butter in the pan.
- Chop pistachios in the blender, then, combine with caster sugar and lemon zest.
- Brush the melted butter along the baking tray. Place half a sheet of filo pastry on the base, brush well with melted butter. Sprinkle with pistachio mix, repeat and press down between layers.
- Create from 30-35 layers.
- Then, cut the baklava into bite-sized rectangles and bake in pre-heated oven for 30-40 minutes.
- Meanwhile, make delicious citrusy syrup. Simply add water to a pan along with caster sugar and a zest and juice of a lemon. Simmer for 7-10 minutes making sure that sugar is fully dissolved.
- Remove the baklava from the oven and whilst hot, pour over the syrup so each layer is sticky.
- Leave the baklava to absorb the syrup for at least 12 hours. Cook this recipe with a photo!